Is Counselling Right For You and What To Expect From It:
We all face challenges and difficulties at times in our lives. Sometimes these can leave us feeling isolated, lonely, overwhelmed and unsure of what to do. As a client I would aim to provide you with a safe, confidential, empathic and non-judgemental space in which to explore. Rather than give advice or tell you what to do I will aim to work collaboratively with you to find the best way forward to suit your needs.
I am happy to tailor the length of therapy around you. I offer 6-12 weeks short term counselling or more open ended long term therapy (12 or more sessions).
Types of Therapy Offered: Telephone and face-to-face.
About Me – My Approach & Experience:
I am an experienced British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP) registered therapist; I have worked with clients from a variety of different backgrounds. My experience with adults has largely focused around bereavement and higher education settings. I have also worked for over 10 years as a mentor, trainer and leader in a national voluntary youth organisation. Since qualifying as a therapist I have used my skills to support young people from the age of 11 upwards in a counselling capacity.
I work from an Integrative Humanistic approach. This means I place the client at the focus of the sessions and believe in the importance of the therapeutic relationship and empowering clients to exact the change in their lives which they seek. Moreover, I adapt and blend the training that I have received to meet each client’s needs. I have an understanding of a variety of modalities including the Person Centred Approach, Mindfulness based practices, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Stress Management Techniques, Performance Coaching, Psychodynamic principles, Solution Focused and Narrative Therapy. I can bring aspects of these into the sessions as and when appropriate.
I have full indemnity insurance to work privately and hold a current enhanced DBS check.
Training & Qualifications:
I hold the following counselling qualifications:
- Postgraduate Diploma, Integrative Counselling & Psychotherapy – The Egan Model (Level 7)
- Pre-Practitioners Course (Person Centred) Post-Graduate Certificate in Counselling Skills (Level 6)
- Primary Certificate in Stress Management
- Primary Certifiate in Performance Coaching
- Honorary Therapist – Bereft Bereavement Support of Ealing
- Honorary Therapist – Off the Record Twickenham
- Honorary Therapist – St Mary’s University Student Support & Well-being Service
- Associate Therapist – Pinnacle Therapy (currently at this organisation)
Recent Continuous Professional Development Workshops Attended:
- Anxiety and Depression in young people
- Exploring invisible autism
- Integrating personality disorder research into clinical care
- Working with bereaved clients and mental health
- Bereavement and addiction
- Working with suicidal clients
- Working with sex and relationships in counselling
- Mindfulness and deep listening
- An exploration into time limited therapy
My Professional Directory Listings: